Saturday, July 21, 2012

The proof is in the training.... Or is it???

I am just about too summit. I can see the sun starting to rise in the distance. Its muggy, but not as hot as it will get after the sun rises so I am greatful that I got up as early as I did. I am finally feeling prepared for the Mount Washington hike. Just about 100 feet to go before heading back down. It's the hardest part, stone faced wall, circa mission impossible and I am hanging from my finger tips and toes. I reach for the next finger hole and get a solid grip, moving my foot into the next position; my next hand goes to the next hold and foot follows. Just one more and I am there. I can hear the bell at the top ringing, those ahead of me are celebrating the day and the completion of a challenging hike/climb.its like a scale.. Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong... Its a famliar bong, I have heard it before... I have heard it in my dreams.. In fact its been a part of almost everyone of my dreams.. This is when I realize the bong is my alarm and time for me to wake up. So here are the facts. I have climbed case mountain a sum total of 1 times. I have worn my new boots the same number of times. I have spent a fair amount of time on the treadmill, elliptical, and rolling stair case. I am not sure its enough. I am pretty sure it is definitley not enough time in the new boots.. To the good news.. I bought a cute pair of new hiking socks, a new day pack, a few wicking top options. Suffice it to say I will be well dressed when the remove my body from the mountain... Because what ever the case I am going to do it.. afterall "there is no try there is only do" or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment