Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Procrastination as an Art Form

So the inner dialogue usually goes like this:
Good K: time to get up. You'll climb case mountain , clean the car, run to home goods and be back in no time for some rest and relaxation.
Lazy K: in 15 minutes(repeat this sequence at least 3 times)
Good K: okay I am up.. Get the boots on and lets go.
Lazy K: well. If you climb first you wil have to come home and shower. But it might be better to clean the car run the errands and then climb
Good K: your right lets do it that way instead. Much more sensible. Because then you can maybe climb twice. Yeah perfect.

That was Sunday and no I never climbed, not once. But there is always Monday. That's right start the week off strong. But I am too much of a wimp to hike in the woods a 6am. Especially since there have been a number of bear reports (none were even within 15 miles). But that's okay. Felicia had suggested just doing the elliptical. I will do that.
I get up and by (some miracle) out of bed. Grab my bag and my laptop and I am on my way by 545am. See how impressive I am.... Traffic is light. Why don't I do this everyday the commute is so easy. I am actually looking forward to the workout. I park my car, my gym is at work - super convenient. See I can do this. I can follow through. I grab my bag an head to the elevator. As soon as I get to the elevator the wind quickly leaves my sails. I am defeated.... I forgot the outfit on a hanger... My work clothes. It's now after 6 and there is not enough time to get home and back for a workout before my 9 am meeting.

I head home in defeat..Monday night sounds a little like Sunday morning.. Only making dinner, getting dark and i have to pack for my trip tomorrow is the rationale. And don't even ask about this morning... We will review that another time. This has been enough procrastination and devastation for one post. But I lived to fight/climb another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment